XTA APA4E6 Power Amplifier
The APA Series – Adaptive Processing Amplification – are four channel Class D amplifiers with extensive processing, connectivity and control capabilities. The new power and DSP platforms have been designed to interact intelligently and adapt to prevailing conditions, protecting drivers, and significantly enhancing performance from all speaker systems.
It’s not so difficult to add some DSP into an existing amplifier design, but to fully monitor all aspects of an amplifier’s performance from input XLR (or network port) to speaker terminals – that’s a little more involved…
The APA Series can do this. We have designed a power and processing platform that tightly integrates with its power supply featuring 96k analogue to digital converters not only on the analogue inputs++ but also directly at the speaker outputs, monitoring voltage and current. Inputs and outputs are simultaneously being processed by the DSP, along with data about the mains supply, allowing APA to adapt and correct to keep your music sounding better than ever.
In addition to this adaptive processing, you still have full control over a powerful suite of filtering and protection, including multiple bands of our legendary dynamic EQ, FIR filtering and phase linearisation, ultra-transparent limiting, and all the classic crossover and EQ components traditionally used to set up your system.
Add to this a fully flexible matrix with the ability to source audio either locally from AES or analogue inputs++, or via a networked audio connection (Dante/AVB). With PC remote software also available, you’ll understand why we don’t think this is just an amplifier with some DSP built in…
++AES and analogue inputs standard, network audio inputs is a retro-fit option
- Four channels of amplification, processing and real time monitoring at 96k.
- Continuous monitoring of mains supply voltage and current.
- Auto-replace unit mode: units within a connected system self-learn the settings of the other units so a replacement can be automatically cloned when inserted.
- Source matrix and mix selection allows unassigned internal DSP resources to process external signals.
- Full colour LCD with user selectable metrics for reassuring monitoring of performance.
- Multifunctional metering display with tri-colour modes for I/O signal monitors, gain reduction, and power output.
- PFC regulated switching supply design with “quick wake-up” and “ultra low power” modes (<1.0W).
- Class D amplifier design with 80% system efficiency ensuring greater power delivery from mains inlet to speaker outlets.
- USB “On the Go” for firmware updates, or direct connection to USB memory devices and download of diagnostics, firmware or presets.
- Flash memory for playback of emergency evac messages and data logging of all major events. Automatic periodic emailing of event log (via XTA APA Server).
- Remote control via Ethernet only.
- PC compatible remote control under AudioCore.
XTA APA4E6 Power Amplifier
Technical Specifications APA-4E8 [APA-4E6]
AES, Network Audio, Analogue – Four channels
Sample rate 96kHz, with SRC on AES accepting up to 192kHz
Total available output power: 20000W [12000W]
Continuous per channel: 3400W [2000W] (4R)*
Bridgeable into 4R.
Fully 2R capable.
THD: better than 0.08% (1kW, 1k)
Freq. resp.: 3Hz-30kHz -3dB
Power: 90-260VAC, 32A maximum (PFC)
Dims: 88 x 482 x 498mm (HxWxD)
*Driven with continuous music program, Crest Factor 4.8.