The SX118 is a compact, high performance subwoofer that extends the low frequency operating range of the system to 47Hz and provides exceptional low frequency output for such a compact enclosure.
Please note this product has been updated since January 2019 from an earlier iteration.
- Compact, direct radiating subwoofer
- 18” (460mm)/4” (100mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite magnet, waterproof cone
- High output capability
- Tour-grade plywood enclosure with flying inserts
- Touring sound reinforcement for small and medium-size venues
- Fixed installations in concert halls, theatres, ballrooms and HoW
- Sports stadium, arena installations & corporate AV events
- Outdoor restaurant, bar and hotel entertainment areas
- Concourses and Theme Parks
SX118 features a long-excursion 18” (460mm)/4” (100 mm) voice coil driver with a water-resistant cone and triple roll surround in a compact reflex enclosure.
The design of the 18” driver maximises output while minimising power compression and distortion, and the four reflex ports have a large frontal area to reduce turbulent air noise at very high levels. The enclosure is constructed from multi-laminate birch ply, finished with a durable polyurea coating and equipped with a Zintec grille, twin grab handles, skids, flying inserts for installation and a threaded pole socket for pole-mounting point source loudspeakers or up to 4 WPM enclosures as a simple plug-and-play system.
The product is supplied as standard without cabinet wheels, but they are available as an accessory.
Martin Audio SX118 - Compact 18" Passive Subwoofer
TYPE Compact, direct radiating subwoofer FREQUENCY RESPONSE (1) 47Hz – 150Hz ±3dB,
-10dB @ 41Hz
DRIVER 18” (460mm)/4” (100mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite magnet, waterproof cone RATED POWER (2) 1000W AES, 4000W peak SENSITIVITY (10) 102dB MAXIMUM SPL (9) 138dB peak NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8Ω DISPERSION (-6DB) Omnidirectional/or Cardioid (paired) ENCLOSURE Multi-laminate birch/poplar ply FINISH Durable Polyurea Coating PROTECTIVE GRILLE Black perforated Zintec CONNECTORS 2 x NL4 type PIN CONNECTIONS (INPUT) LF: +1, -1 Link through: +2, -2 PINS CONNECTIONS (LINK) LF: +1, -1 Link through: +2, -2 FITTINGS
- Two skids on base, with mating channels on top
- M20 top-mounted thread plate for pole mounting
- 16 x M10 mounting points
- 2 x bar handles, 1 on each side
- 4 x fittings for optional transit cover
DIMENSIONS (INCL SKIDS)
- (W) 600mm x (H) 509mm x (D) 632mm
(760mm including castors)
- (W) 23.62in x (H) 20.04in x (D) 24.86in
(29.90in including castors)
WEIGHT 43.5kg (96lbs) w/o castors 47kg (104lbs) with castors