Not just an active 18-inch subwoofer, the Thunder-KMT18 I is also a proper instrument for the management and processing of the audio signal. Internally integrated is a 2-channel, 1000 W @ 8Ω Class D amplifier with one channel dedicated to the 18" woofer and the other connected to a speakOn output on the rear panel, allows many different configurations in combination with passive K-array loudspeakers like mid-high speakers, entire column line arrays or other passive sub to reinforce the mid-low frequencies.
The KMT18 features an integrated touch screen, providing intuitive control over the main DSP functions: input/output levels, signal routing, offset delays for subwoofer and speakon output (up to 12 ms) and overall system delay (up to 330 ms).
All DSP functions, including EQ, can also be remote controlled via software over USB or RS485 (3-pin XLR).
The KMT series provides two balanced analogue line level inputs and a two-channel AES/ EBU digital input. An integrated class D amplifier delivers 2 x 1000 W at 8Ω, with a max THD of 1% (EIAJ test @ 1kHz). The KMT18 I features multiple analogue and digital outputs, including a Speakon output to connect a wide array of passive speakers including mid-high models (KK52, KK102) or additional passive subwoofers (KMT18P). To optimize performance, the on-board DSP includes up to 40 programmable presets. The unique four-corner port configuration provides symmetrical back loading to the speakers, for extended bass response with very low distortion. The port configuration also provides incredible structural strength to the cabinet, despite its light weight. Pocket handles and an M20 thread mount position for attaching mid-high speakers makes the subwoofer convenient to use and ideal for medium throw applications in theatres, concert halls, and Audio/Video installations.
- Unique performance-to-size ratio
- High power 127 dB continuous - 133 dB peak
- Direct radiating, 18" long-excursion driver
- Fitted with integral handles and castors
- Ultra-fast setup and dismantling system
- RS485 and USB connectivity for remote control
- Analog and digital AES-EBU inputs
K-Array Thunder-KMT18 18"High Power Active Subwoofer
- Speaker Power Handling: 800 W (AES)
- Max Power: 1400 W
- Impedance: 8 Ω
- Frequency Range: 30 Hz - 150 Hz ± 3dB (preset relating)
- SPL 1W / 1mt: 99 dB
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB continuous - 136 dB peak
- Type: DSP controlled
- Frequency: 150 Hz (preset dependent)
- Full Range: 1 x 18” Neodymium speakers with 3” voice coil
- Analog Connectors: 2 male + 2 female 3-pin balanced XLR
- Digital Connectors: 1 male + 1 female 3-pin XLR
Audio Powered Output
- Connector: Female Speakon
- Wiring: Pin1+= CH1+ Pin1= CH1- Pin2+= N.C. Pin2= N.C.
Remote Control Input
- Connectors: 1 male + 1 female XLR parallel / 1 USB B Jack serial converter
- Connectors: 2 x PowerCon IN/OUT
- Type: 1 modules class D - DSP controlled
- Subwoofer Power: 1000 Watt @ 8Ω
- Speaker Power Output: 1000 Watt @ 8Ω
- Speaker Power Output: Dynamic limiter, over current, over temp, short circuits
- Nominal Power Requirements: 100 - 240 Vac ± 10% 50-60 Hz
- Operating Range: 85 – 265 Vac (auto-range)
- 1/8 Rated Power (pink noise) @ 8Ω: 300 W
- Dimensions: 46.5 cm x 46.5 cm x 59.2 cm
- Weight: 27.6 kg