The XO4 is a 4-in 8-out audio management system from XTA, in collaboration with Funktion One, offers advanced processing capabilities and improved performance along with extra features as standard.
- 4 inputs and 8 outputs - native processing now runs at 96k resulting in wider bandwidth (over 30kHz).
- Flexible routing matrix - in addition to standard fixed configurations such as 4 x 2 way (standard configs are still implemented), any output may be fed from any input or the sum of inputs. Edit buttons show routing instantly when pressed.
- Extended processing capabilities - 9 (previously 5) full bandwidth parametric bands available on every output, all switchable between PEQ, high and low shelving responses.
- Input EQ is now offered as standard - 8 bands of fully parametric EQ on each input channel.
- Further extended processing capabilities - crossover filters on each output now offer 48dB/Oct. responses, on top of the previously available 1 to 4dB/Octave options. A gentle 6dB/Octave roll-off response is also now included.
- Legendary XTA program limiters with automatic and manual time constant facilities.
- New additional ''D-Max'' limiter with look ahead processing allows attack time of standard limiter to be optimised for best audio quality, whilst still being able to set a ceiling on the maximum output of any channel.
- Delay memory allows for up to 650mS from any input to any output - extra fine delay resolution on outputs for driver alignment, in 30nS (0.1mm) steps!
- Extended memory capacity - user memories now extended to a maximum of 55 which may be Input data, X-over data or both.
- Library manager software available for design of OEM presets - design your crossover live whilst connected to the unit, and lock out any parameters as required to stop end user adjustment/viewing. No practical limit to the number of presets that may be stored (over and above the user memories).
- Improved converters - lower noise and improved distortion figures.
- AES Input accepts AES rates from 32k up to 192k via a sample rate converter. Front panel indication of AES selection and AES lock status.
- AES Output (available special order as a product enhancement) sample rate fixed at 96k.
- Familiar 226 style user interface with enhancements including menu shortcuts and quick access triple press editing to get the job done quickly. ALL functions are available though the front panel interface - NOTHING is just a remote facility.
- Bigger 2 x 24 character display with new low profile buttons.
- Auto switching power supply works across the world on all voltages.
- XO4A - Audiocore compatibility (Not available in the standard XO4), control up to 32 processors remotely via 3 Pin-XLR standard signal cable, using RS485 (wireless adaptor available).
DP4 Remote application offers the possibility to remote control up to 32 XO4A Loudspeaker Management Systems from your iPhone® or iPod Touch® or iPad®. DP4 Mini is also available as a shrunk down application that allows read only access.
Funktion One XO4 Audio Management System
Inputs: 4 electronically balanced Impedance: >10k ohms CMRR: >65dB 50Hz - 10kHz
8 electronically balanced Source Imp: <60ohms Min. Load: 600ohm Max. Level: +20dBm into 600 ohm Frequency Resp: ±0.5dB 20Hz-20kHz -3dB @ 32kHz Dyn. Range: >116dB 20Hz-20k unwtd Distortion: <0.02%@1kHz +18dBm Maximum Delay: 650 mS Min Step Size: 0.3 µS Input Gain: +6dB to -40dB in 0.1dB steps Output Gain: +15dB to -40dB in 0.1dB steps and mute Parametric Equalisation** 8 Sections per Input, 9 Sections per Output Filter Gain: +15dB to -30dB in 0.1dB steps Freq. Range: 19.7Hz - 32kHz, 1/36 octave steps Filter Q / BW: 0.4 to 128 / 2.5 to 0.008 (Sections switched to shelving response) Low Frequency: 19.2Hz - 1kHz High Frequency: 1kHz - 32kHz Shelf Gains: ±15dB in 0.1dB steps High and Low Pass Crossover Filters 1 of each high & low pass filter per output Bessel / Butterworth 6/12/18/24/48dB per octave and Linkwitz-Riley 12/24/48dB per octave Limiters Look ahead output limiters: Threshold: +22dBu to -10dBu Attack Time: 0.3 to 90 milliseconds Release Time: 4/8/16/32 x Attack time Automatic time constant facility also included 'D-Max'' clip limiters: Threshold: +2 dB to +12 dB above standard limiter Release: Slow/Medium/Fast/Automatic Display: 2 x 24 Character LCD Input Meter: 2 x 4 point, -24dB to digital clip Output Meter 8 x 4 point, -24dB to +4dB into limit Connectors Inputs: 3 pin female XLR Outputs: 3 pin male XLR External: 9 pin DEE connector (RS232) 3 pin XLR I/O (RS485)* Power: 3 pin IEC Power: 60 to 250V ±15% @ 50/60Hz Consumption: Weight:
3.3kg Net, (4.7kg Shipping)
7.25lbs Net, (10.3lbs Shipping)
Size: 1.75''(1U) x 19'' x 11.8'' (44mm x 482mm x 300mm) excluding connector Latency: 1.5mS (analogue in - analogue out @ 96kHz)
* Only operational when AudioCore compatibility option has been included
** Extended EQ Pack adds the following response types: Band pass; Notch; All pass; Phase; Elliptical Hp/Lp; VariQ (Resonant)
Due to continuing product improvement the above specifications are subject to change.