EKX-15 15" Passive Loudspeaker
- EKX-15: 1600 W (peak), 132 dB peak SPL utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, and durable EVCoat finish.
- Eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and all-metal handles.
- 90˚ x 60˚ pattern for best coverage on mid-size stages. 40˚ monitor angle with rubber feet.
Frequency Range (-10 dB) 50 Hz - 20 kkHz (Full Space Measurement)
Weight Net 23.2kg (51.15 lbs)
Depth 429mm (16.89")
Width 432mm (17.01")
Height 685mm (26.97")
Axial Sensitivity (SPL, 1 W @ 1 m) 96dB (Full Space Measurement)
Connector Type Dual NL4
Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) H 90°
Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) V 60°
Crossover Frequency 1.6 kHz
Enclosure Material 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
Frequency Response (-3 dB) 75 Hz - 18 kHz (Full Space Measurement)
Grille 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
HF Transducer DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver
LF Transducer EVS-15M 381 mm (15 in)
Max. SPL/1m (calc) 132dB
Maximum SPL 132dB (Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at rated peak power rating)
Minimum Impedance 7.2Ω
Nominal Impedance 8Ω
Passive Power Handling 1600W peak
Power Handling (Continuous / Peak) 400 W/1600W
Power Rating 1600W
Powered or Passive Passive
Recommended High-Pass Frequency 50Hz
Shipping Weight 28.2kg (62.17 lbs)
Speaker Type Full-Range, two way
Suspension (8) M10 threaded mounting points
Woofer Size 15inch