ZED-16FX 10 Mic/Line Inputs, 3 Stereo Sources USB, FX and Sonar X1 L.E.
Multipurpose USB Mixer with FX for Live Sound and Recording
ZED-16FX is ideal for groups who need to travel light. It gives musicians, venues and hire companies access to 10 full mono channels, 3 stereo channels and a high quality FX unit in a compact, rack mountable format. Configurable USB audio in/out makes it easy to capture stereo recordings.
USB AUDIO FLEXIBILITY
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way this has been implemented on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that’s it! CD quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Switches and connection through jack socket terminals provide different send/return configurations:-
1) Main Mix Left + Right (Post-fade)
2) Main Mix Left + Right (Pre-Fade)
3) Auxes 1-2
4) Auxes 3-4
1) To Stereo 3 channel
ZED-16FX features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilises MusiQ – with optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
ZED-16FX has an essential selection of 16 time-delay effects, designed for small groups who don’t want to carry around an effects unit with their gear but who still want great quality FX at their gigs and on their recordings. Our DSP engineers worked hard, crafting and refining beautiful reverb algorithms to enhance every performance. These effects are available nowhere else at this price point – this quality and integration is only available from the ZED-FX. ZED effects are easily controlled using 3 buttons with 9 display LEDs. For example, the ideal delay time can be quickly tapped-in, or the perfect amount of reverb on the lead vocal can be dialled-in. There is one-stop navigation and editing – in fact, it’s just as easy as using effects pedals. To alter effects parameters, the TAP button is held down and the up/down buttons pressed to adjust the specific parameter for that effect, for example, the decay length on PLATE, or the depth on CHORUS.
Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, ZED-16FX has DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge – 69dB of range to be exact – and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a higher input impedance.
- 10 mono mic/line inputs
- 3 stereo channels with 2-band EQ
- 16 internal time-delay effects
- Neutrik mic XLRs
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain DuoPreTM mic line input
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 2 pre-fade Aux sends
- 1 post-fade Aux send
- 1 internal FX send
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Rack ears available
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 464 x 450 x 98 mm
- Weight: 8.5 kg
- Suitable rack mount: Art.279395 (not included)
Allen & Heath ZED-16FX Live Mixer
- Mono channel (XLR) Input +6 to –63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket) +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket) 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo Input (Jack sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- L, R & Mono Outputs (L&R XLR, Mono Jack) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Aux Outputs (Jack sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Alt Outputs (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Rec Outputs (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Frequency Response
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out 0.004%
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz 0.014%
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 0dBu 1kHz 0.005%
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +10dBu 1kHz 0.003%
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu) 14dB
- USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz -127dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-16FX -86dBu
Physical & Dimensions
- Height: 98mm
- Width: 464mm
- Depth: 465mm
- Weight: 8.5kg